Let’s exercise our scientific literacy and reasoning skills to determine if you would buy a product that is marketed to you using science claims.
Instructions: Work on this assignment independently. Please answer each question with complete sentences and proper grammar. Please handwrite and make sure your writing must be legible.
1) Look at this product page from Amazon. What is this page trying to get you to do? What is the purpose? (5 pts)
The page is a form advertisement trying to persuade buyers to buy this Chlorophyll product by listing all the good benefits it helps with. Also, when many people see this advertisement, they will immediately think of their health and probably buy this because of the good benefits listed.
2) From Chapter 8, what is chlorophyll, what is it used for, and what organisms contain it. (5 pts)
Chlorophyll is known as the green pigment that plants use and rely on during photosynthesis. The green pigment is used for plants to convert carbon dioxide and water, using sunlight, into oxygen and glucose. Chlorophyll is found in all photosynthetic organisms, including green plants. Cyanobacteria, and algae.
3) Analyze the claims of this advertisement. Using image 1, pick one claim to analyze. What is the claimed health benefit of chlorophyll on humans.? (2 pts)
The claim stated is Immune System Support.
4) Research the claim in Q3. Using reliable scientific sources research chlorophyll and the selected “benefit” of taking this supplement.
a. Based on course material, list 3 characteristics of a reliable scientific source? (6 pts)
3 characteristics of a reliable source is Currency, Trustworthiness, and importantly where the information is coming from and who the information is coming from.
b. What is the difference between primary and secondary scientific sources? In your answer, state which type of source is more reliable and why? (6 pts)
A primary source is from oneself and the original author while a secondary source is usually a second-hand using information from the primary source. I find a primary source more reliable especially if it’s anything with personal experience because many times secondary sources may not be as factual as the primary source itself and may misconstrue something which would make it unreliable and unactual.
c. Look up two reliable scientific sources about this ingredient and its “benefit” as stated in Q3.
List your two sources using Author (if present), Name of article, Date (if present), Name of website, and a URL link or a DOI: (6 pts)
Source 1: Hutchison, J. W. H. (n.d.). Wellness + Nutrition. Delta Dental. Retrieved September 22, 2022, from https://www.grinmag.com/2022-wellness/
d. Justify why you consider these sources to be “reliable scientific sources.” (10 pts)
i. Source One:
ii. Source Two:
5) Research the claim you stated in question 3. From your course material AND the information, you read in the two sources above, organize your information for the ingredient and health benefit in the following table: (both sides need not be equal but you need at least 5 pieces of information) (20 pts)
Write the claim from Q3 (1 pt):
Evidence in favor of the claim
Evidence against the claim
7) Interpret the evidence organized in the above table. Overall, what is the pattern of the evidence in relationship to the claim? (5 pts)
8) Based on your course work, research, and your analysis of the gathered evidence, would you purchase this product? Why or why not? In 3-4 sentences, justify your decision. (15 pts)
A primary source is from oneself and the original author while a secondary source is usually a second-hand using information from the primary source.
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.