CHANGES TO MAKE ON PAPER
(1) Is Thagard’s main argument that astrology is a pseudoscience because the predictions are ancient? The predictions seem to have not changed and are not being worked on (not progressing). One could imagine that there are plenty of theories in core sciences that have not changed for a long time (for example, the atomic numbers of atoms (although these are not as old as early astrological predictions)).
(2) Paragraph two you state that it is the lack of significant development that is the problem but that seems to be in line with Thagard’s main argument and not an objection.
(3) Your argument in paragraph three is interesting in that astrologers cannot make accurate predictions since the foundation of the practice lacks information. Does this differentiate sciences from pseudosciences? Was medicine not a science when they used the four humors theory of sickness and did not know about bacteria?
(4) You state that astrology is scientifically inaccurate but do not explain what makes something ‘scientifically accurate’.
(5) Your final argument seems similar to the earlier one in that there are new planets being discovered that would change astrological calculations. If astrologers began to improve their predictions due to the new planets, would that not then meet Thagard’s criteria of a science. Thus, new planets would potentially help make astrology into a true science. Here, you might push back against Thagard that discovering new planets shouldn’t turn astrology into a science.
(6) Finally, do not forget to mention whether your objections are internal or external.
ORIGINAL INSTRUCTIONS: Please write a 1-2 page paper which includes at least one objection to the authors main argument. Remember, you cannot just disagree with the authors conclusion, you need to create an argument of your own objecting to the authors argument. Please note whether your objection is an external or internal objection somewhere in your paper. Also remember, that this will be stitched to your previous writing assignment when creating your final paper, so write accordingly.
Please make these edits to the attachment below (writing assignment 3)
Does this differentiate sciences from pseudosciences?
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
CHANGES TO MAKE ON PAPER
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.