SACR 3080, Fall 2022, Assignment 2
In this assignment, you will need a warmup syntax file, ‘warm2-f-22-syntax.r’ and two data files. All are available in the library at
and will also be available on the Blackboard site.
You can, as before, load the data file with the ‘load’ command, or you can point and click to the directory and click on the files.
For your computer work, you should only hand in your syntax. You will need the output to do your writeup, but the syntax will be sufficient for grading.
To get the output you need, you will need the data files ‘stress00.rdata’, and ‘ces_as1.rdata’, each available from the course directory and the Blackboard site.
1. First, you should obtain basic graphs and statistics for two variables n ’ces_as1.rdata’, ‘yrbirth’ and ‘conservatives’. Then you should
obtain Pearson’s r for yrbirth and conservatives (which we will treat as interval for the purposes of this assignment); then
obtain a scatterplot, with a smooth and a linear trend line for these two variables. (16 points)
2. For ‘stress00.rdata’ you should obtain basic graphs (histograms, boxplots, barplots, pie charts and dotcharts), as appropriate for the level of measurement, for all four variables described below. ( (15 points)
3. Obtain appropriate descriiptive statistics for central tendency and dispersion for the four variables. (10 points)
4. Obtain a crosstabulation showing faculty by religion. (Make sure to get chi- square.) Then get the two types of association plot shown in the warmup. (8 points)
5. Next, you should obtain a crosstabulation between grades and experience
of stress in the week before the data were gathered. Then get the two types of association plot for these two variables. (8 points)
6. Assuming that it has been correctly applied, how do we interpret
the value of r you have obtained? Based on what you have come up with, can we make a case that r is not a sensible measure of association here? How? (8 points)
7. For the table of faculty by religion, please calculate lambda, and show your calculations. Then explain what the value you have obtained means. Also explain what the chi-square results for this table tell us.
8. You will not get values for gamma or d from the code in the example. So you won’t have to take the time to calculate them for the table including grades and stress, here they are:
gamma =.09, s.e.=.04, t=1.53, p>.10
d =.06, s.e.=.04 t=1.53, p>.10
Explain what gamma tells us about the link between ratings of the parties. Is there a case for using Somers’ d instead? Why do you say this? Why are we using gamma and d for this table, but not for the one linking religion and faculty?
13. Is gamma statistically significant? Why do you say this? What does the phrase ‘statistically significant’ mean? The confidence interval for gamma in these data goes approximately from .01 to .17. What does this tell us?
14. Create and hand in a table, in the form shown in the text, based on the data on grades and stress.
15. Using one of the plots displaying the standardized (Pearson) residuals, describe what the residuals tell us. What do the residuals in the plots not displaying standardized residuals tell us?
(9 points) Total Points = 108
We will be using two variables from the file ‘ces_as1.rdata’. They are coded as
is just the year in which the respondent was born conservatives
is the respondent’s rating of the Federal conservative party, on a scale from 0 to 100, where 0 is the lowest possible rating and 100 the highest.
We will be using four variables from the file ‘stress00.rdata’. They are coded as follows:
1 – Catholic
2 – Protestant 3 – Other
4 – None
1 – Business
2 – Education
3 – Engineering 4 – FAHSS
5 – Nursing
6 – Others
1-F 2-D 3-C 4-B 5-A
is a report on the experience of the last week, coded from 1 = none to 5 = extreme stress .
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
SACR 3080, Fall 2022, Assignment 2
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.