Building Coalitions Group Presentation
The purpose of this assignment is for you to demonstrate how to build effective coalitions in the negotiation process. Also, you will evaluate what their agenda will be, whose support you will need, and how you will get the key players on board – especially if they are from competing groups. This is a group assignment.
Read the article: Building Coalitions | Harvard Business Publishing Education (Links to an external site.)
This scenario has some real life examples that you should research in addition to research on building coalitions.
Representatives of wind-energy developers started knocking on the doors of Wyoming ranchers. They are seeking to persuade the ranchers to sell the rights to build wind turbines on their land, reporter Addie Goss recounted on National Public Radio. Typically, the developers build wind farms by leasing large blocks of land from many different landowners in western states. In Wyoming, ranchers began signing leases without knowing the true value of the wind sweeping across their land.
Assume your group is a small group of ranchers who realize ranchers in Wyoming are not being fairly compensated. You have decided to build a larger coalition to convince the other ranchers to join this effort to negotiate higher payments and reduced risks. Your initial group is responsible for developing a presentation to raise the issues and get ranchers to join.
Be sure your presentation addresses the following questions and considerations:
1. How would a coalition benefit the ranchers in their negotiations with the developers?
2. Do you need a majority of the ranchers to join for the coalition to be effective? Why? Do you see any disadvantages with the size of the coalition?
3. Explain to the ranchers how you plan to identify your allies and opponents.
4. Explain how you would apply Block’s Trust/Agreement Matrix with building the coalition. How would you handle the adversaries and opponents if needed for the coalition?
5. Summarize how you plan to bring together the various groups (as noted in Blocks’ Matrix) to support the agenda and negotiation positions.
Your presentation should be 7-10 slides, excluding the title and reference pages, APA 7th edition. You will also record a video of your team presenting it. One person from the group will submit both the presentation (in PowerPoint or readable PDF format) and the video (in mp4 format) to this assignment page.
My teammate and I do our work separately; my part is questions 4 and 5. So just do 4&5 for me.
Representatives of wind-energy developers started knocking on the doors of wyoming ranchers.
Struggling with a similar assignment? Don’t know where to start? Don’t have time to work on this? Get a high-quality paper written for you from scratch – PLAGIARISM FREE, guaranteed to get you a good grade. To get started, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page.
Building Coalitions Group Presentation
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
It depends with your deadline. If you need your paper completed in 3 hours, we will deliver it in that time. All you need to do is indicate your deadline in our custom order page here. Alternatively, if you are sending us your instructions via email, please be sure to indicate your deadline.
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.